Friday, February 4, 2011

My other fun colors!

With all of the snow recently I have been staying a home a bit more these past couple of weeks.

I went to a local yarn store, lys and found some really cool yarns so I figured I would share with you all some of the pics.  They are so pretty and I can't wait to knit them up.

I normally just hit up Michaels or AC Moore for my yarn stash.  A couple of years ago I use to go to this wonderful lys all of the time but when the recession hit they closed.  So I was back to the craft stores.  
I recently had over a couple of girlfriends because they wanted to learn how to knit.  So while I was teaching them I remembered how much fun it was to get out of my comfort zone and try new patterns.  I could always go to my lys and get help in fixing any mistakes I made, help with understanding the pattern or stich.
So I googled yarn stores close to my work to see if there were any worth hitting up.  I found Woolbears close by work and hours that I could easily go after work.  I was so happy to find such a great lady who was working and helped me with my yarn selection and showed me were the clearance yarn was at!
What I tend to do with higher priced yarn is get one skein and use it for a scarf or rim of a hat up to where the hat touches the skin then transfer to a cheaper yarn on top to finish the hat.
I am already thinking about taking a class on either how to make socks or a sweater.  I can't decide which yet.
Bright Purples!
A georgous blue purple yarn that was hand dyed and spun.
A multi colored hand spun yarn on 40% off sale!

Close up no flash.
Some great greeny yarn that I already rolled so that it was easier to knit with.  When they come in skeins I find it to hard to knit with so I roll it up in a ball so that it is easier to come off.
Already the beginnins of a scarf.

You don't have to have that much skill to make useful items too.  For example one of my first attempts at fingerless gloves I still wear at work because it is always so cold!
I have had them for a couple of years and they have been well worn.  It only took me a couple of hours to knit these up while I was watching tv one night.
They aren't very long on but easily tuck into my shirt sleeve. 
Not too bad, works for work!

Thank you for checking out my yarn!
Love  Mo!! 

No comments: